How would you like to see your life change this New Year? You must first have a vision of what you would like your life to look like. So, what would you like to attract into your life? What problems would you like to solve? What you would you like to accomplish? As the list of questions is endless, remembering that your world is a reflection of your thoughts, is so very important. You are the one who can create a wheel of balance that rotates smoothly.
So often we set out with such great intentions, and as time goes, our internal drive somehow fizzles or fades out. We become bored, we lose interest, or sometimes we even forget. So the first goal to set into place is to keep your goals alive.
You start by setting small goals that are achievable. You can expand each goal at any time. Analyze each task to see what works best for you. Realize that there are going to be ups and downs, and it’s a process. Don’t give up… just keep moving forward. Don’t let your mind play tricks on you, making you think you can’t hit your target. You can!! Here are a few ways to help you stay on course.
1. Set your priorities and write them down.
2. Ask for help. Perhaps a partner or a coach to buddy up with who can help hold you accountable.
3. Share your aspirations with a friend. When you talk about them, they become real.
4. Change things up a bit. Make it fun. Look for alternate ways to reach your goals. This keeps you from getting burn out.
5. Keep a journal to track your progress and measure your success.
6. Reward yourself. Do something special just for you when you’ve reached each goal.
These are just a few ideas that can help you get started. The reason to start small is so when you do achieve the goals set, you have a greater sense of accomplishment. Achievement creates the drive which keeps you motivated and continues to give you direction.
So here’s to creating a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous Year ahead. It’s time for you to enjoy your life as never before.
“Setting goals gives your life direction”
~ Jill Lee ~
4 thoughts on “Setting New Goals”
Great inspiration to get started with making my goals for the New Year…xoxo Sher
Thank you Sher!
I think this is so important for everyone, and to keep it going all through the year.
Wishing you a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year
It’s ALL ABOUT TAKING ACTION!
I love this post.
Yes it is Luke..
Thank you and let me wish you a very Happy, Healthy, and Joyous New Year!!