Thoughts and emotions, such as fear, worry, grief, loss of self-esteem, and even guilt, can affect your physical health and well-being. It’s a mind, body, and spirit connection.
In other words, many physical illnesses can be caused by repressed emotions. They can often shift your mental energy, affecting the body and leading to health problems. These negative feelings can create chronic stress, which upsets the body’s hormone balance, depleting brain chemicals such as serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine, required for happiness. Other related symptoms of worry and stress may be:
- Loss of appetite or overeating
- Change in sleep patterns
- Job performance
- Anxiety or depression
- General lifestyle routines
Excessive stress or the fear of distress doesn’t allow you to focus, which tends to lead to irrational behavior and a loss of clarity. Any or all of these patterns can lead to physical illness.
Most illnesses don’t just happen randomly, they are often an indication of emotional or physiological stress. Again, almost all illnesses or ailments in the body are related to specific locations, which correspond with the energy points in the body, also known as chakras.
You can release your emotional energy in many different ways. Some people assign it to a star in the Universe. Some light a candle, exhale, and send it up in smoke. You can also write it on paper, read it, and then burn or shred the paper. Create your ritual; that works best for you; there is no right or wrong way. It’s your way. Do this as many times as needed. It can be challenging at times, but it is very necessary.
A five-step exercise to help you release repressed emotions:
- Find the time and a quiet place to tap into your inner self. Locate the source of any negative patterns that may be bringing about these emotional toxins. Use your inner resources to become aware of your emotional climate, expanding your awareness.
- Identify and label each emotion. Is it fear, shame, regret, self-pity, resentment or anger? Whatever it is, give it a name. Express it and say it out loud.
- As you label your emotions, sit with them for a moment and feel it. Yes…feel the feeling.
- When you feel the emotion, ask yourself… “What lesson has it brought me?” Take responsibility and own it.
- Now it’s time to release and detach ~ without judgment or expectation.
Be conscious of your worries and fears. Acknowledge and feel each of your repressed emotions, without judgment or attachment. Be conscious of your worries and fears. Positive emotions lead to emotional resilience and a healthy state of well-being.
~ Dr. Jill Lee ~
For daily inspiration ~ I invite you to follow me on FB
If you or someone you know requires assistance ~ feel free to reach out ~
You are not alone!