It’s essential for our own happiness that we all find balance in our lives. By living a more balanced life, greater energy goes into the goals you have set and therefore increases your productivity. It allows you the ability to be more focused on your daily tasks. When you are balanced, you have a sense that everything is streaming along, just as it should. You gain momentum with each project you tackle. It doesn’t mean that everything is going to be perfect, it just means that you’ll feel like you are able to accomplish more. You learn to recognize what works for you and what doesn’t. Key note…what doesn’t work for you….change it!
What does balance look like to you? It’s different for everyone. It’s important not to try and do everything at once. Don’t overwhelm yourself. Develop schedule and pace that works for you.
All work and no play makes for a very unhealthy lifestyle.
So living a balanced life means that you must have time for work, time for play, you must have time for yourself.
Here are just a few suggestions you can try to schedule into your lifestyle to create that balance.
1. Learn to “turn it off”. Take a time away from your electronic devices, find some quiet time for yourself. Relax. This is probably the most important thing of all.
2. Treat yourself. Do something special for yourself, something that is just for you and you alone.
3. Expand your awareness. Perhaps finding some time to spend outdoors with nature. That can truly nurture you soul.
4. Create a social life. Find time to spend with people that have good energy and are fun to be with. People you can laugh with.
5. Create an efficient mindset. Get organized and write out a to-do list or a schedule.
6. Get rid of negative energies. Those negative energies are toxic to your health.
7. Pay attention to your health. Become aware of what your body is telling you. Then you have a balance of mind, body and soul.
We can’t always anticipate and plan everything that’s going to happen in our lives. But we can choose where to direct our energies. We can create a mindset that will allow us to live a well-balanced life.
“Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.”
~ Thomas Merton